You would think after all the Christmassy things I’ve been doing lately; Secret Santa, watching Polar Express, Christmas meals, I’d finally paint my nails Christmas themed?
I intended, honest, I really did, but then my friend went out brought out her Cath Kidston laptop case, and well, I just needed to do something floral vintage.
See, it is my life’s dream to go have Afternoon at Claridge’s. The sheer elegance of tea out of china cups- pinkie out, of course. Sat on chez lounge’s, listening to the grand piano, whilst servers actually take care of you, not some jumped up, 16 year old waitresses/ waiters you get. I was born in the wrong era sometimes.Not that they would have painted their nails like this mind you, but still, we can’t have it all?
To recreate, I used:
- No.7 Speed Dry Nail Colour - 30 Heather
- No.7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour - 30 Sunset
- Collection 2000 Hot Looks- 32 BMX Bandit
- Collection 2000 Hot Looks- 36 Ninja
- 17 Nail Xtras- Top Coat
- First, paint all over with Sunset and wait till completely dry.
- Next, lightly with the tip of the Heather brush, dot some colour on the nail, to create a spludge/ spot.
- Do this around 4 per nail.
- Next- Using a nail art brush, or as I as I could not find mine (professional is my name) improvise with a safet pin (!), and draw with Sunset ( ) ) shapes around the pink blobs.
- Next using either a brush or pin, paint 2 little, short flicks out of the roses, with Ninja.
- Finally once all are done, give a good coat of clear varnish.
It probably would have come out a little neater, if I’d located said brush, but what’s a girl to do? Nothing stands in the way of me and my nails! Maybe there’s a Christmas present idea...