I started this blog as a way to communicate my interests to an audience, it was a space to call my own where I could pass on exciting things I discovered, interesting occurrences in my life, generally I do it because I love it. So to be nominated for an award was just a cherry on top. I was nominated by the Kay at Blushing Peonies for the Liebster Award, for which I’m so very touched.
Like Kay herself tried, I too couldn't find the origins of the award, but there are general rules, although slightly altering from various blog to blog, so I used the most common:
- The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers who have 250 followers or less.
- The nominees must link back to the blogger who awarded them.
- You must write 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Make up 11 new questions and nominate 11 other bloggers (don't forget to let them know you have nominated them!)
11 Random facts about me:
- I have eaten Zebra
- I used to be terrified of mayonnaise- yes terrified, as in I couldn't even touch the jar!
- I was a finalist at the Miss Lancaster and Moorecame pageant…
- … For which I was ‘scouted’ (oh so lose a term!) in my student union, after having a couple too many drinks.
- I am a huge Star Trek fan, having been brought up on it.
- I have never seen Aladdin (Star Trek took preference in my house over Disney).
- My record at Pizza Hut buffet is 11 slices of pizza- Sadly my non teen metabolism could not handle that now.
- I have never been to a carnival.
- I dream of having afternoon tea at Claridges.
- I have failed my driving test 4 times.
- I ran the Great North Run in September.
My 11 questions from Kay:
What made you start writing a blog?
I have always been quite opinionated, and I love expressing myself, and sharing my thoughts and interests with others, and I just wanted some medium to do that. I loved reading blogs, and so one day I took the plunge and opened up Heroine in Heels.
If you could only listen to one band for the rest of your life, who would it be and why?
I have to admit, I’m not a big music fan. I like music, but I don’t have a favorite genre, or a favorite artist, I’m quite mainstream really. However, if I had to choose I would say Destiny’s Child simply because they have such catch songs and enough variation to keep my sane for at last a while!
What is your ultimate comfort food?
Bread and cheese. I just adore good quality bread and cheese. None of this Hovis will do (although for convenience I do have it), proper artisan bread by bakers. Soda read, sourdough, Focaccia, rye… ohhhhh. Don’t even get me started on cheese! When I visited borough market those were the stalls that got my attention.
Aside from household bills, what do you spend the majority of your money on?
Food, defiantly food.
Dog or Cat, and why?
Neither. I actually don’t like animals. I can appreciate a cute dog, and if someone loves their pets then that’s fine, but personally I just don’t like animals.
Favorite sweet from your childhood?
Jelly beans, but only proper ones like Jelly Bean Factory. They just burst in your mouth and were so juicy. I used to eat them by the tub!
Your favorite season and why?
Summer or possibly autumn. I love warm weather, but this is England, so when we get it is quite temperamental.
Favorite mode of transport?
Taxi. I’m sorry but there’s something so relaxing about the hassle just being taken out of the equation. Especially if you just want to get home as fast as you can.
Hot, buttery toast. It just makes me feel all warm and safe.
If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
I will admit the life of a proper Parisian lady would be a dream. Pure class and refined elegance. However, right now, I just want to move back to London as soon as possible.
What type of blogs do you enjoy following the most?
Lifestyle, food and fashion.
My questions to the next bloggers are:
- Favourite home comfort?
- Superman or Batman?
- If you were PM, what would be your first law to pass?
- Do you agree with 9000 pound university fees?
- If you could have any job what would it be?
- What is your biggest fault?
- If you could time travel, where would you go?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Favourite indulgence?
- Your blog heroine/hero?
- Why do you blog?
Enjoy and spread the blogging love.