I love a good trend spotting as much as the next girly girl. Pouring over Glamour Magazine for inspiration, but somehow I never seem to actually ‘do’ trends. I like to put my spin on fashion. However, this was one trend I couldn't not do.
Paint Splatter Nails. Half graffiti, half Jackson Pollock, fully fabulous. I’d seen so many versions dotted around on Pinterest (You can follow me here to see what I mean), that I had to give it ago. Keep reading to learn how.
To recreate, I used:
- George 3D Glitter- No1 Ice Queen
- 17 Supreme Shine Nail Polish- Love
- NYC Expert Last Nail Polish- 134 Pinstripe White
- 2True Glossywear Nail Polish- 39
- 4 Drinking Straws
- Before you begin, cover your work surface in ALOT of news paper- paint is going to fly!
- First, paint a base coat of ‘Love’ all over your nails and let it dry.
- Next, dip one straw end into the black polish bottle, and hover over your first nail.
- Now BLOW! (Naughty!)
- The closer the distance, the bigger the splatter, and further the finer. Mix it up to give a creative effect. This is not a look of precision, its messy, and it’s fun, so relax if it’s a bit splodgy. It’s all part of the effect.
- Repeat for your other nails,
- Now do exactly the same with the white and the gold, using a clean straw for each colour.
- Finally, apply a top coat of clear and begin the epic task of cleaning your skin.
I really enjoyed doing this, although I will admit it was a bit of an effort at time to actually get the polish to spray, but patience is a virtue.
If you are already on Pinterest, how about showing some love and pinning some of my pics? Sharing is caring.
If you have seen any nail art trends, I’d love to hear, maybe I’ll do them for next week.